Round Tower, Windsor Castle
During August and September you can include a guided tour to the top of Windsor’s world-famous Round Tower as part of your visit.
The Conquer the Tower tour takes you inside the tower and up 200 steps to the top of one of the nation’s iconic landmarks. From the top of the Round Tower, you can fully appreciate the extent of Windsor Castle. Covering an area of 5.3 hectares, the site comprises the Lower Ward, including the medieval St George’s Chapel and the residences of the Military Knights; the Middle Ward, built around the original Norman motte and crowned by the Round Tower; and the Upper Ward, containing the State Apartments and Royal Apartments arranged around the Quadrangle.
From a height of 65.5 metres above the River Thames, you can enjoy breathtaking views of the historic Windsor parkland, the Thames Valley, the London Skyline and across several counties. The view to the south is dominated by the spectacular five-kilometre Long Walk, created by Charles II. This tour will also give you a close view of the Castle’s 15-metre flagpole, which flies the Royal Standard when The Queen is in residence and the Union Flag when Her Majesty is away from Windsor.
Important safety information when booking your ticket:
- The Conquer the Tower tour takes approximately 45 minutes and involves climbing 200 steps.
- Sensible shoes must be worn. Flip flops are unsuitable.
- The tour is unsuitable for those suffering from acrophobia (fear of heights) or claustrophobia (fear of confined spaces).
- If you have any health conditions that may affect your ability to climb, we recommend that you consult your doctor before booking.
- Visitors in late pregnancy should consider consulting their doctor before joining a tour
- Visitors under the height of 1.3m are not permitted on to the tour
- Children up to the age of 16 inclusive, must be accompanied in the ratio of 1 adult to every 2 children. Babies cannot be carried on the tour.
Combined visit to Windsor Castle and Conquer the Tower Tour
Over 60/Student (with valid ID) £23.75
Under 17 £15.70
Under 5 Free
Family £68.20(2 adults and 3 under 17s)
A timed-admission fee of £1.25 per ticket applies to all tickets, excluding Under 17s.
Advantage Card or 1-Year Pass holder
Over 60/Student (with valid ID) £7.00